Bunaken, Bangka, Lembeh and Talisei: ALL the very BEST of exciting northeast Sulawesi in one great trip.
August 2 thru 12, 2017 – $3900
Join Tim and Simon in August 2017 for our Sulawesi Bonanza, an 11-day trip around the hottest dive sites in this incredible area around the northeastern tip of Sulawesi in Central Indonesia.
This will be a heady mix of impossibly rare small stuff and large schools of bigger fish. We’ll do the popular must-do spots and, as always, plenty of nobody-ever-does-these-but-they-wish-they-could spots.
Again we will be aboard the wonderful Tambora, whose dive guides all come from this region. They know all the famous sites and, on previous cruises in the area, they have discovered a large number of superb new places along the coast and around the islands offshore. These include cool coral gardens, amazing critter sites, a volcano, steep slopes and walls alive in hard and soft coral, and, of course, some fabulously fishy places!
We will fly into and out of Manado airport. As Manado is only a short direct flight away from Singapore, there will be no need for any domestic connections. From the airport, the Tambora staff will whisk us by car to the port of Bitung in the Lembeh Straits, where our voyage will begin.
02-Aug: Embarkation in Bitung (Manado’s Harbor); afternoon dive and a night dive in Lembeh; Aer Prang/Jahir/Makawide/Nudi Retreat area
03-Aug: 3+1 dives in North Lembeh: Walls, nice u/w rock formations, soft coral, good fish life, and of course also some macro; e.g., Danke Slope, Batu Kapal, Batu Pendeta
04-Aug: 3+1 dives around Mahengetang/Para/Nenung: Underwater volcano at Mahengetang, fishy dives around Para and Nenung; e.g., Mahengetang, Komodo Kecil, Finger Rock, Nenung
05-Aug: 3+1 dives around Siau; nice corals and good macro; e.g., Kelapa Dua, Ulu I/II, Mahoro, Tg. Lampu
06-Aug: 3+1 dives around Tahulandang: Lava flow as well as Rhinopias dive
07-Aug: 3 dives around Bunaken, Night Dive on the mainland near Kima Bajo Bay: Walls during the day and muck on the ND
08-Aug: 3+1 dives on the Northern mainland peninsula; excellent macro; e.g., Paradise Jetty, Yellow Coco, Batu Mandi, Sampini
09-Aug: 3+1 dives around Bangka: nice rock formations and great soft coral; e.g., Sahaong I and II, Batu Gosoh, Sabina Timur
10-Aug: 3+1 muck dives in North Lembeh Strait: e.g., Hairball I/II/III, TK I/II/III, Magic Rock
11-Aug: 2 muck dives Lembeh Strait, e.g., Nudi Falls, Bianca, Aer Bajos I/II/III
12-Aug: Disembarkation in Bitung
Tambora proves that sailing and cruising on a traditional, beautiful wooden schooner does not mean compromises in terms of creaturely comforts.
Tambora offers all luxury and amenities that you can imagine.
The dates are August 2 thru 12, 2017
Cost is $3900 per person shared room
- Airport or hotel pick-up/drop-off at city of embarkation/ disembarkation
- Accommodation in twin bed or double bed suite on board, all with en-suite bathroom with hot & cold water and individually controllable air conditioning
- All dives conducted as part of the regular cruise program
- All food & drinks served during the cruise, including soft drinks and beer, (except wine and liquor.)
- Filled dive tanks (your choice of DIN or INT connection), weight belt and weights
- Any land excursions and visits to beaches as part of the regular cruise program
NITROX is free for returning Tambora divers.
Deposits are not refundable
Simon – simon [at] scubaconfidential [dot] com
Please buy both TRIP INSURANCE and Flight Insurance. DAN sells trip insurance at a reasonable cost.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the expedition cost and is a pre-requisite for participation. We recommend you purchase a policy that covers airfare, trip cancellation owing to any unforeseen circumstances and medical coverage.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
The booking is binding and all payments are non-refundable. TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS will not be liable for cancellation of an expedition due to change of circumstances, adverse weather conditions or acts of God (e.g. cyclone, earthquake, tsunami etc.), delayed land, sea or air transfers; political or cultural considerations; government restrictions; or any other causes beyond the control of the trip expediter.
ITINERARY CHANGES AND DELAYS
It is possible that route or itinerary changes and/or delays may become necessary for reasons of safety or enhancing the quality of the expedition. These changes and/or delays could be due to adverse weather, acts of God, delayed land, sea or air transfers, political or cultural considerations, government restrictions, participants’ limitations, unavailability of contracted services or any other cause. In the event that a scheduled activity is cancelled for any reason TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS will, where possible, arrange alternative activities. Any changes and/or delays to the route or expedition itinerary is at the discretion of TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS and no refund will be available. Any additional expenses incurred by an expedition participant such as prepaid airline tickets, fees for visas, etc. in connection with changes and/or delays to a route or itinerary shall be borne by the expedition participant.
Air fares, Visa and passport fees, Personal travel insurance, Airport departure taxes, Excess baggage charges, Airport transfers not included in the itinerary, accommodation not included in the itinerary, Beverages and meals not included in the itinerary, clothing, liquor, laundry, postage, medical expenses, expenses of a personal nature, expenses incurred as a result of delays due to inclement weather, delays of scheduled aircraft, logistical delays, and resultant changes to the itinerary, Emergency evacuation charges, Gratuities to guides or travel insurance.
You will receive an invoice via email from TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS upon receipt of our required forms. This will allow you to send the deposits and final payments.
All tours are paid for in US dollars. Please see our forms (will be e-mailed to you) for information and details regarding RE-SCHEDULING, CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS. Prices may change due to currency fluctuations, schedule, content changes or circumstances beyond the control of TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS, however, once a deposit is received and the itinerary confirmed, your expedition cost will be fixed.
For your convenience, you may pay all or part of your trip by credit card (there is a 3% fee) directly to Tim Rock and he will ensure transfer is made to TIM ROCK/SIMON PRIDMORE TRIPS to secure your reservation. Tim will provide details. If you prefer TT or PayPal, you may pay directly to Simon Pridmore. Again details will be provided upon sign up.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your insurance to make sure that you will be covered on your adventure:
- Cancellation: It’s no fun if you fall ill before you leave and can not go on your trip. To claim though, you have to buy your insurance policy when you buy your trip. Not all insurance policies cover cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully
- Lost or Stolen Gear: most travel insurance policies have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home as soon as you are fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: look carefully at what your policy covers – you may find that you are not covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you’re away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it’s found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered.